For the temporary staff on your team, in MoneyPenny you can use the role “capture data”, which is a restricted “team member” role. You can use it for new employees which only need to capture or view specific expenses and time tracking data, with no access or viewing rights to other functions, dashboards or lists (estimates or invoices).
In order to assign someone the new “Capture Data” role, choose it from the drop-down available on the “Edit Staff” page (Path: Contacts -> Staff -> choose staff member and click “edit”).
Note: A “Capture data” user can only create an expense or log hours, as well as review this info. The access to other data is limited to the following:
– Expenses – can see, create, update and delete only own Expenses
– Mileage Tracking – can see, create, update and delete only own Mileages.
Time & Projects
– Time Tracking – can see and create own Timesheets, can update and delete them only if access is given, can create tasks on the Time Tracking page if allowed access (more here).
– Time-Tracking Reports – Absenteeism Report (only own data) and User Presence (only own data)
Profile Settings – can see and update own profile settings.
When you select ‘capture data’, you will see two checkboxes:
– ‘Allow to edit time records’ – it’s checked by default and the user can edit his logged time (only if it isn’t approved or billed yet). If you uncheck it, then the user will not be able to update logged time.
– ‘Allow to create and add tasks’ – it isn’t checked by default and the user cannot add a new task from his profile. If you check it, the user will see links like ‘Add Tasks’ and ‘New Task’ from his profile (more here).
If you uncheck ‘Allow to edit time records’, you will see an additional option ‘Allow Timer only’:
When you check it, the ‘capture data’ member will have the ability to log time only through the timer and will not be able to log time manually through the Time Tracking.