We’re doing our best to simplify the way you record expenses and this feature is a part of this. Now you can create an expense within seconds in your MoneyPenny account by simply sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
The subject of this email should consist of: expense name, amount, date, your company name (business link/subdomain). All this info should be divided by a semicolon. For example: “My expense name; 1 234,56; 11.01.17; acme;” where:
– “My expense name” is the name of your expense;
– “1 234,56” is the amount. Note: use the number format from your settings (Settings -> Company Profile -> “Number Format” field);
– “11.01.17” is the expense date. Note: use the date format from your settings (Settings -> Company Profile -> “Date Format” field);
– “acme” is the business link/subdomain;
– “email body text” is everything you write in the email body and it will be saved as expense notes;
– “email attachment” is the attachment required. An expense will only be created if you upload an attachment to the email (invoice, check etc.). Note: maximum one file is allowed as attachment, the acceptable file formats being PDF, JPG or PNG. File size should not exceed 5 MB.
After you send this email, within a few minutes the expense will appear in your Expenses List.
By default, this expense will not have “expense category” and its vendor will be “unknown”, so make sure to add this info in order to complete your expense.