How do I create a project?
To create a project, go to: Time & Projects ➝ Projects ➝ Create New Project
When you open the project page, you can see the following data and customization:
– Project number – internal number of this project. This field is required (more about default Project Number format here);
– Project name;
– Description – additional notes;
– Client – the client for whom this project was created:
– Link to estimate – assigned estimate or the estimate on which the project is based.
(Time & Projects ➝ Projects ➝ in the drop-down menu, the button ‘Create an estimate’ OR
Sales ➝ Estimates ➝ in the drop-down menu, the button ‘Convert to Project);
– Manager – the staff member who has access to manage this project (update, delete, assign staff members, tasks). If the manager has a lead access (lead access can be chosen from the Staff page), he/she will be able to review timesheets of other project members:
– Billing method – how the project price will be calculated and invoiced;
– Project budget – info data, forecast project price;
– Project ID for Invoice Prefix – project invoice prefix – each invoice related to this project will have numbers with this prefix. (More here):
– Automatic adjustment of the time – this gives you the option to round the hours logged with the timer (More here):
– Project Contact – choose one of the client contacts who will receive invoices related to this project:
– Mileage rate. On the Project creation page, we use the default mileage rate. You can change this mileage rate straight from here, or you can go to Settings ➝ Preferences ➝ Mileage. This is the mileage rate that will be used when creating the mileage (more about this here):
– Start date ➝ end date – info data, the scheduled period of the project:
– Tasks – assigned tasks that should be completed during the project. You can choose tasks for the project from the existing task list or by creating a new task:
– Staff – assigned staff members who will work on this project:
Advanced details – in this section you can upload and attach documents related to the project. The “Upload file” link allows you to upload a file from your computer:
The “Choose an existing file from your file folder” link allows you to attach a file from you “Document Space”:
After uploading and attaching the files, they will appear in the list, including the option to delete them.
All information about project custom fields is available here.