How do I create a client?
To create a client, go to Contacts ➝ Clients ➝ Add Client ➝ fill the necessary fields ➝ click ‘Save Client’
Client page – data explanation
On the Create/Update Client page, you can keep various details about each client and also choose some default settings.
First, you can choose whether this client is an organization or a private person.
– Client number – internal client number (read more here).
– Default payment terms – set a specific due date which indicates by when this client should pay the invoices and it will become the default invoice option for this client.
– Client logo – the logo or photo of this client will be displayed on estimate/invoice dispute messages or comments.
– Client contacts – includes contact’s first name, last name, email, phone, mobile, fax, salutation (like Mr., Mrs., Ms., Miss, etc.), greeting on emails (dear, etc.), position (member’s position in this company – a field available only for “Organization”), department (where the contact works – again, a field available only for the “Organization” clients).
– Invite contact – the ability to invite this client’s contact (send an invitation email with the login/password to the client profile in your account), available only if you have entered contact’s email address.
Address – the billing and shipping address for this client.
Note: If the checkbox ‘Same as Billing Address’ is checked then for the Delivery Note and Packing Slip we print the client’s address as on the Invoice preview:
Custom fields – these are the additional fields customized by you in “Settings” -> “Preferences”. Each client will also see them through his/her profile. For more details on this topic, please check this article.
Client default settings – includes:
-Default currency (default option for invoices/estimates)
-Default language (invoice/estimate language for this client. documents will be translated automatically if you are
using the default MoneyPenny invoice/estimate template)
-Score (additional internal information)
-Your vendor number for this client ( available only for “Organization”)
-Tax number (available only for “Organization”)
-Company registration number (available only for “Organization”)
-Block this client
-Allow cash discount
-Contact ID for Invoice Prefix
-Send payment notification – check this box if you want your client to receive the notifications when the payment was made.
Internal notes – enter any data you need, it won’t be visible to your client.
More about Client settings read here