How do I create clients?
To create clients, go to Contacts ➝ Clients ➝ Add Client ➝ fill necessary fields ➝ click ‘Save Client’
Client page – data explanation
On the Create/Update Client page, you can keep various details about each client and also choose some default settings.
– First, you can choose whether this client is an organization or a private person.
– Client number – internal client number (read more here).
– Default payment terms – set a specific due date which indicates by when this client should pay the invoices and it will become the default invoice option for this client.
– Client logo – the logo or photo of this client will be displayed on estimate/invoice dispute messages or comments.
– Client contacts – includes contact’s first name, last name, email, phone, mobile, fax, salutation (like Mr., Mrs., Ms., Miss, etc.), greeting on emails (dear, etc.), position (member’s position in this company – a field available only for “Organization”), department (where the contact works – again, a field available only for the “Organization” clients).
– Invite contact – the ability to invite this client’s contact (send an invitation email with the login/password to the client profile in your account), available only if you have entered contact’s email address.
– Address – the billing and shipping address for this client.
– Custom fields – these are the additional fields customized by you in “Settings” -> “Preferences”. Each client will also see them through his/her profile. For more details on this topic, please check this article.
– Client default settings – includes default currency (default option for invoices/estimates), default language (invoice/estimate language for this client. documents will be translated automatically if you are using the default MoneyPenny invoice/estimate template), company registration number (available only for “Organization”), tax number (read more here – available only for “Organization”), your vendor number for this specific client (more details here – available only for “Organization”), score (additional internal information – learn more about this from here), internal notes.
Why can’t I delete a client? I’m getting a “Please correct the following” error message
You cannot delete a client if this client is associated with an active invoice, estimate or project.
To delete a client – first delete all related invoices, estimates, and projects.
Invite and Re-Invite Contacts
As you already know, you can invite client contacts by entering their first name, last name and email, then marking the checkbox ‘Invite contact’ and entering the temporary password (it’s the password available when logging in for the first time – during the first log-in to client’s account, the client will be able to change the password):
After you click ‘Save Client’, this client will receive an invitation.
Note: if you don’t want to invite this contact, just leave the box ‘Invite contact’ unchecked.
You are able to invite clients at any time. But if for any reason your client lost the invitation email – you can reinvite them. The steps are similar to ‘Invite Contact’, but if this client was already invited you will see the checkbox ‘Re-invite contact’:
By the way, you are also able to change the invitation email. You can find it, review and modify in Settings -> Text Templates -> pick the ‘Email – New Clients’ text type.