How do I create clients?
To create clients, go to Contacts ➝ Clients ➝ Add Client ➝ fill necessary fields ➝ click ‘Save Client’
Client page – data explanation
On the Create/Update Client page, you can keep various details about each client and also choose some default settings.
– First, you can choose whether this client is an organization or a private person.
– Client number – internal client number (read more here).
– Default payment terms – set a specific due date which indicates by when this client should pay the invoices and it will become the default invoice option for this client.
– Client logo – the logo or photo of this client will be displayed on estimate/invoice dispute messages or comments.
– Client contacts – includes contact’s first name, last name, email, phone, mobile, fax, salutation (like Mr., Mrs., Ms., Miss, etc.), greeting on emails (dear, etc.), position (member’s position in this company – a field available only for “Organization”), department (where the contact works – again, a field available only for the “Organization” clients).
– Invite contact – the ability to invite this client’s contact (send an invitation email with the login/password to the client profile in your account), available only if you have entered contact’s email address.
– Address – the billing and shipping address for this client.
– Custom fields – these are the additional fields customized by you in “Settings” -> “Preferences”. Each client will also see them through his/her profile. For more details on this topic, please check this article.
– Client default settings – includes default currency (default option for invoices/estimates), default language (invoice/estimate language for this client. documents will be translated automatically if you are using the default MoneyPenny invoice/estimate template), company registration number (available only for “Organization”), tax number (read more here – available only for “Organization”), your vendor number for this specific client (more details here – available only for “Organization”), score (additional internal information – learn more about this from here), internal notes.
Why can’t I delete a client? I’m getting a “Please correct the following” error message
You cannot delete a client if this client is associated with an active invoice, estimate or project.
To delete a client – first delete all related invoices, estimates and projects.