How to create an expense?
To create an expense go to, Purchases ➝ Expenses ➝ Add Expense
Expense pages include:
– Author name or the Expense creator. By default, this is the member who has created the expense. This field is visible only for the Account Owner and Administrators, so, for instance, they can change the Author of an expense, which then will be visible also to the chosen member (author).
– Expense name
– Vendor/supplier. You can add the Vendor in Contacts -> Vendor and then choose the name from the dropdown on the Expense page.
– Category. You can choose one category from the dropdown or create a new one in the tab ‘Expense Categories’ and then select it.
– Tax. Select the tax from the dropdown or simply add a new tax by using the ‘Add New Tax’ link:
– ‘Attach to project’ – assign the expense to a client or project
– ‘Attach file’ – attach a receipt or other billing document
– Admin fee. To add the admin fee, checkmark ‘Attach to project’ -> ‘Admin fee’. You can add the admin fee as fixed amount or as a percentage (more here).
How do I update/delete an expense?
To edit an expense go to, Purchases ➝ Expenses ➝ click on the expense name on the grid or click ‘edit’ in the row end menu.
To delete an expense go to, Purchases ➝ Expenses ➝ mark checkboxes of needed expenses and click ‘Delete’.
…Or choose the same option (‘Delete’) on the row end menu.
Deleted expenses will be moved to the tab ‘Deleted’, however, you are always able to restore deleted items by moving them to the ‘Active’ tab.