How to create an expense?
To create an expense go to Purchases ➝ Expenses ➝ Add Expense
Expense pages include:
– The Author name or the Expense creator. By default, this is the member who has created the expense. This field is visible only for the Account Owner and Administrators, so, for instance, they can change the Author of an expense, which then will be visible also to the chosen member (author).
– Expense name
– Vendor/supplier. You can add the Vendor in Contacts -> Vendor and then choose the name from the dropdown on the Expense page.
– Category. You can choose one category from the dropdown or create a new one in the tab ‘Expense Categories’ and then select it.
– Tax. Select the tax from the drop-down or simply add a new tax by using the ‘Add New Tax’ link:
– ‘Attach to project’ – assign the expense to a client or project
– ‘Attach file’ – attach a receipt or other billing document
– Admin fee. To add the admin fee, checkmark ‘Attach to project’ -> ‘Admin fee’. You can add the admin fee as a fixed amount or as a percentage (more here).
How do I update/delete an expense?
To edit an expense go to, Purchases ➝ Expenses ➝ click on the expense name on the grid or click ‘edit’ in the row end menu.
To delete an expense go to Purchases ➝ Expenses ➝ mark checkboxes of needed expense and click ‘Delete’.
… Or choose the same option (‘Delete’) on the row end menu.
Deleted expenses will be moved to the tab ‘Deleted’, however, you are always able to restore deleted items by moving them to the ‘Active’ tab.
Make an expense recurring
By simply clicking the Make Recurring button from the drop-down:
More about recurring expenses please read here
How do I search for a specific expense?
You can quickly find and filter expenses on the Expense list by using the Search option:
Here you can filter information by:
– Vendor – choose the vendor linked to your expense
– Category – choose the expense category
– Client name – enter your client’s full name or just a part of it
– Expense name – enter the expense’s name or a part of the name
– Owner name – choose the author of expense
– Project name – enter a project name (or part of the name) which is assigned to expense
– Date range – choose a time frame that includes the expense creation date
– Amount range – choose an interval for the expense amount
– Status – choose one or several expenses statuses
– Currency – choose the expense currency.
You can also filter your expenses by clicking the needed heading. This rule also works when assigning an unexplained transaction to an expense:
More about expenses:
Find out how to create expenses by sending an email from here.