If you want to have a fully flexible option about your Invoice and Estimate numbers, MoneyPenny gives you the right tools. The default setting priorities are:
– Customer prefixes overwrite invoice numbers;
– Project prefixes overwrite Customer prefixes.
However, you can take it from here and customize as much as you wish by adding the following placeholders:
– long year (2016);
– short year (16);
– month number (1..12);
– month short name (FEB);
Additional things to keep in mind:
– x are number placeholders like xxxx = 0124 or xxxxxx = 000124;
– we also support a flag to ignore or not the counter reset;
– the maximum length is 10 characters;
– only Latin letters allowed;
– prefix is always in the beginning and it can’t be at the end.
The MoneyPenny path to customize invoice/estimate number format is: Settings -> Preferences -> block “Number groups”.
On your invoice, it will look like this:
We also made it easy to include year or/and month to the invoice number:
Here is a preview of how it would look on the final invoice: