Expense Report – get an overview of your business expenses
What is the MoneyPenny ‘Expense Report’?
The MoneyPenny Expense Report is a quick and handy reporting tool which helps freelancers, startups and small businesses. Use the ‘Expense Report’ to track your business spending.
Where can I find the ‘Expense Report’?
You can easily access it by going to ‘Reporting’, then click on ‘Accounting Reports’ and choose ‘Expense Report’.
Here you can customize, filter and organize data in many ways, for instance, you can group information by expense category, vendor, author of expense, client or project (if you have assigned specific expenses to clients or projects)
If you only want to see expenses related to some projects, simply pick these specific projects from the special filter:
If you’re interested in viewing expenses with some statuses – unbilled, billed, non-billable, paid, partial – just pick the statuses yourself from the advanced filter, as shown below:
Also, you can filter expenses by date range:
as well as you can switch to see the amount of taxes in total expense amount – just mark the ‘Print Taxes’ checkbox:
If you want to:
– print this report – just click the ‘Print’ button
– export it to PDF, CSV or Excel file, simply click the ‘Export as’ button.
MoneyPenny Expense Report helps you:
– Monitor and analyze spending;
– Automate expense reporting;
– Organize useful budget information;
– Access business intelligence & enterprise-wide data reporting;
– Save the time used to manually create expense reports yourself;
– Significantly reduces the risk of error throughout the reporting process.
Expense Categories Numbers in Expense Report
In the Expense Report, the expense category number appears next to each Category name.
These are DATEV expense numbers that you can find in Purchases -> Expense Categories.
Very Important: If your company is in Germany, the Expense Categories will have SKR03 or SKR04 numbers:
You can choose SKR03 or SKR04 in the Company Profile Settings:
Therefore these numbers will be displayed in the Expense Report for German companies.