You can find the Invoice/Estimate history below its preview. Just click the document number in the table to open its preview then find the history under the document:
Here you will see information about all actions related to the invoice/estimate you selected:
– ‘Created by …’ – info about when the document was created and by whom;
– ‘Updated by …’ – info about when the document was updated and by whom;
– ‘Payment by…’ – info about when the document was paid/partially paid and by whom;
– ‘Send via email to … by … ’ – info about the email sent with the attached document – to whom was sent (client) and by whom (also, you can read about “how to know if your client has seen the email” here);
– ‘Payment reminder was sent on:’ – info about the invoice payment reminders sent to your client (more here)
– ‘Marked as unpaid by …’ – if somebody marks an invoice as unpaid (read more here);
– ‘Order confirmation printed by…’ – if the invoice order confirmation was printed by someone (more details here);
– ‘Commented by …: ’ – if somebody left comments related to your invoice/estimate, their suggestions will be featured in the document’s history (more info here).
How to know if the invoice/estimate was received and reviewed?
With MoneyPenny, you never have to wonder what happens once you e-mail your invoices or estimates.
You can view clearly in the History (more here) if an invoice/estimate was sent.
Next thing, the History also shows when a client opens your email:
Still, it doesn’t mean they had reviewed the attached invoice/estimate.
So when your client actually opens/reviews the invoice/estimate, you will see the following message in the history:
This will help you know exactly when the client was notified and when they reviewed your invoices/estimates.
If the invoice was partially or fully paid you will also see this information in the history – information with payment amount, date of payment and author.
If you will change the payment amount made with Retainer – you will also see this information on the Retainer History.
If you modify the Retainer on the Invoice payment (for example, if you accidentally picked the wrong Retainer and then changed to the correct one), you will also see more information about it on the history of previous (‘not correct’) retainer.