Create a new product (task or item)
To create a new task go to, Sales ➝ Products List ➝ My Tasks ➝ Create a Task
On task page you can change the following fields:
– task name
– price – hourly task rate
– task description – additional info (up to 2000 characters.)
– tax – choose tax from the existing list or create additional tax at, Settings ➝ Taxes ➝ Add New Tax
– “Task is billable” check-box – mark this check-box if the task is billable. You will then be able to add this task to invoices.
– If non-billable – unmark its check-box and you will not be able to add this task to the invoice.
To create a new item go to, Sales ➝ Products List ➝ My Items ➝ Create an Item
With MoneyPenny, you can easily customize a product description as much as you need, at any time, from its name to its unit price. Go to the “Create an item” page to review and edit any of the following fields:
– Unit – choose from the list or create a new one by entering unit name
– Unit price – price per unit
– Tax – choose tax from the existing list or create additional tax at “Settings” ➝ “Taxes” ➝ “Add New Tax”
– Description – additional info (notes) – up to 2000 characters.
On Item page you can change any of the fields above, plus:
– Product number – internal product number
– Product cost – item cost (internal price).
There’s also the “Tracking inventory” option which will help you keep track of your product stocks. Read more about the Inventory in MoneyPenny here.
What’s the difference between tasks and items? Where do I manage them?
A list of your products is available at, ‘Sales’ ➝ ‘Products List’ ➝ ‘My Tasks’ or ‘My Items’.
Both tasks and items can be added to an invoice and billed to your client.
Only tasks can be added to projects. Members of staff will be able to log hours against these tasks.
Units of tasks are always ‘hours’ and cannot be changed, whilst the units of items can be entered and changed by you manually.